Mycenae Gardens and the Woodlands Dell are a precious green space at the centre of Westcombe Park conservation area.
The group ‘Friends of Mycenae Gardens’ has been established to
- bring together people who value these gardens
- protect and promote the gardens as a Site of Importance for Nature Conservation
- foster the natural environment, wildlife, woodland and open space for the benefit and well-being of the whole community
- work with the Royal Borough of Greenwich to ensure the space is maintained in ways that appeal to all users.
Mycenae Gardens are a wonderful space for
- peace and quiet relaxation
- enjoying family activities in safety
- exercising pets responsibly
- exploring and exercising by foot
- enjoying natural surroundings
- watching and studying the wildlife that spreads out to the surrounding area
- the community to meet in social events.
Our aim is also to make sure the gardens continue to provide
- a setting to complement the buildings nearby
- a tree-scape that enhances the historic associations of the area
- a delightful outlook for neighbouring institutions and households
- protection and development of valuable biodiversity.
Help us preserve and enhance this hidden gem in Blackheath, London SE3.