On Saturday 14 October there is a chance to come and join volunteers in the gardens. Why not come along and meet others who share an interest in the gardens and to lend a hand with any of the following planned activities:
- Helping to prepare and plant a bed in front of Mycenae House. The current bed has become dominated with some large shrubs and we are planning to re-plant and refurbish the area.
- Help planting bulbs for display in Spring 2018
- Help with other maintenance around the gardens
- Coming to meet and talk with others who share a love of the gardens.
No knowledge of gardening is required – only a willingness to help and to meet with other volunteers.
What to do if you are coming
Please bring any of the following, depending on how you plan to help:
- gardening gloves
- a fork
- a spade
- a garden trowel
- clothes which you would be prepared to get a little muddy
- willingness to share or organise tea and coffee.
Although not required, it would be useful if you were to send us an email to let us know if you plan to attend this volunteer session, so we know roughly how many may attend.
Where and when to meet?
We will meet in the gardens just in front of Mycenae House from 10am. The volunteer work will be happen until midday but you can drop in and stay for just part of this time if you prefer – even if you just come to say hello.